Recently, I read an article that labeled Boston as “the worst dressed city in the U.S.” I took that as a challenge to set out and find some of Boston’s best street fashion to prove to the world that we are indeed a fashionable city! If you’re a Bostonian and you want to represent Boston fashion and PLNDR, let us know! This week’s street styles were spotted around Boston’s upscale Newbury St. We chased down some people on their way to work, and others who were out enjoying the weather or shopping.
We asked them each 3 questions:
1) Tell me about your personal style.
2) Where do you like to shop?
3) Have you ever heard of PLNDR?
Here are the chic and very Bostonian looks we spotted!
1) I like lots of color and bright clothes, it’s probably because I’m from Ghana and the traditional styles there are always bright and colorful! I also like to mix block colors with prints.
2) Asos and Karmaloop/PLNDR, since I work there! I like PLNDR because it’s always cute and affordable and on-point with current trends. Asos has any kind of style you could want from bohemian, to edgy, and even African.
3) Yes, of course!
1) Preppy and a little boho, depending on my mood.
2) J. Crew
3) I think I have, it sounds familiar.
1) My style is relaxed, comfy, and minimal. Very Alexander Wang.
2) Nothing on Newbery Street! I like sale racks, Shop Bop, and Free People.
3) Not PLNDR, but I’ve heard of Karmaloop.
1) Comfy and relaxed.
2) All Saints, I work there.
3) Yes, I get your e-mails.
1) Betsey Johnson, I work there, unfortunately it is going out of business!
3) Yes I’ve heard of PLNDR.
I’m not done with you yet, Boston! PLNDR will be out scouting for more great styles, so watch out and check back next week.